Wednesday 12 October 2016

Project Connect - Poster and Self Evaluation


Above is the Project Connect Poster I have created. Below are my evaluations of my work.

Colour theory: I have used many colours within my poster. These include blue, orange, green and red. This is because I needed multiple colours to create the tetradic colour method. This means that the overall poster appears quite vibrant but not too bright as to look over colourful. This is because the poster needs to look professional as well as to attract attention. I have used two shades of blue because I want this to be one of the dominant colours on the poster. This is because blue represents an instructional colour and that the audience is being 'instructed' or 'directed' (to be 'respectful' or to be able to 'develop'). The other dominant colour I used is red. This is because it is an attractive colour. It is also to represent Barnsley College and people (students, people and tertiary audiences) will know what the red colour stands for.

Typeface theory: The fonts I have used are Sans Serif fonts. This is because I wanted the poster to have a modern, up to date feel to the poster. However, I used a variety of Sans Serif font families. This is because I wanted to show variation between the different Project Connect sections but also to show that they are all similar in some way. I have tried to keep the text as big and readable as possible while staying within the box's guidelines. So I have attempted to keep the tracking close (but not too tight) and the text is a big as possible. I have had to kern some letters in order to keep the word / text readable. For example, in 'consistency', the 's' and 'i' had to be kerned so that you could easily read the word with ease without the 'i' looking squashed.

Shape theory: I have used mainly squares and rectangles within my poster. I have used these because it represents sturdiness and stubbornness. This is because Project Connect is like a set of rules and should not be broken. By using squares and rectangles, this indicates that Project Connect is a non-negotiable and must be followed.

Gestalt principles: I have used the symmetry principle because objects that are symmetrical seem appealing to the human eye. This attracts more attention to the poster. I have also used the similarity principle. This means that the human eye groups shapes or objects together automatically in terms of appearance. For example, I have used different colours to present the five key areas of Project Connect. The human brain automatically groups these colours together to read the similar boxes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment